Saturday, September 13, 2014

September Nail Art Challenge: Stamping Month! Day 13: School


Introduction:

School is nice topic for stamping because anyone can relate to it :) I chose to use several universal symbols: notebook, love note and apple. 

Results:


Figure 1. Single nail school art.



Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  •  Julep - Nicolette (2 coats)
  • Picture polish -Whimsy (drawing)
  • Picture polish - Vegas (decal and drawing)
  • Essie - Licorice (stamping and decal)
  • Julep -MacKenzie (decal)
Stamping plates:
  •  Salon express SE-18 & SE-20
  
Discussion: 

First I created white background with  blue and red stripes to represent school notebook after that I applied apple decal and finally stamped xoxo :). This did not turn out as good as I wanted. You can still see blue stripe through apple and my black stamping polish is far away from perfect  (I hope my Mundo de Unas order will arrive soon). Nevertheless there is a bit of school life spirit in this mani.
References:


Apparently good stamping polish from Mundo de Unas

Check out this cute version of school stamping from Roberta.

No comments:

Post a Comment