Monday, September 15, 2014

September Nail Art Challenge: Stamping Month! Day 15: Clouds & Rain

Introduction:

For today's challenge I created something in between clouds and rain water drops. Abstract blue stamping topped with Djinn which surprisingly adds to the rainy look. I like how Thermo 164 changes background color with temperature. Thermo-polish is really good for Autumn, when your nails are exposed to wide range of temperatures :)
Results:


Figure 1. All four nails stamped and topped with Djinn.




 Figure 2. Two images at warm temperature, Thermo 164 is pale blue semitransparent.





Figure 3. Two more images at cold temperature. Thermo 164 is dark blue.





Figure 4. Macro images of stamping.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Dance legend - Thermo 164 (3 coats)
  • Sally Hansen - Natural white (stamping)
  • Color craze - Wired (stamping)
  • Enchanted polish - Djinn in the bottle (top coat)
Stamping plates:
  • Pueen 40

Discussion: 

In this stamping I combine two polishes with different colors. To do so i first applied 2-4 drops of blue polish on my stamping plate, then added several drops of white polish and mixed both of them with clean flat brush. I did not mixed them completely just little bit to have a range of colors in the stamping image. After that I scraped excess polish and stamped as usually. As a result I have mixture of blue and white colors on my image, which gives unusual cloudy/watery look.
References:


No comments:

Post a Comment