Thursday, December 11, 2014

Winter nail art challenge: Lucia/Christmas where you leave

Introduction:

Today the theme was "Lucia/Christmas where you leave" and i decided to do something which reminds me of my childhood in Russia. During winter the city where I lived is pretty grey, because it does not snow much, but we have these gorgeous red birds. They are called bullfinch and they love to eat rowan berries, which become sweet after freezing (you can see pictures of them at the end of the post). So they were my inspiration for this nail art. Seeing these birds gives me very christmassy mood.

Results:


Figure 1.  "Bullfinch and Rowan".






Figure 2. More images at different light settings.



Figure 3. Macro images.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Picture polish - Whimsy (gradient, top)
  • Essie - Bikini so teeny (gradient, middle)
  • Picture polish - White wedding (gradient, bottom)
  • Mundo de Unas - Reddish (drawing)
  • Mundo de Unas - Black (drawing)
  • Mundo de Unas - White (drawing)
Stamping plates:

  • MoYou London -Mother nature 07 (ring finger)

Discussion: 

To create this nail art I first made gradient background using make up sponge with Whimsy,  Bikini so teeny and White wedding. After that I stamped bird and used freehand drawing for rowan brunches and to color the bullfinch. For berries I used dotting tool and brush for other elements. Me freehand drawing  is not very good, so I'm not entirely satisfied and I definitely have to practice more.

References:
Inspiration:



6 comments:

  1. That bird is so fluffy and lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an incredibly adorable manicure :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Sweden that bird is called Domherre and I love them. So beautiful. Just as your nail art is. Adoreable is the word!

    ReplyDelete