Friday, December 19, 2014

Winter nail art challenge: Christmas carol/song/movie

Introduction:

I did not have time yesterday to write a post, but I made nails and my inspiration was awesome movie The Nightmare before Christmas. It's definitely one of my favorite Tim Burton's creations because it combines Halloween and Christmas and this is really hard to beat. 

Results:


Figure 1. "The Nightmare before Christmas".






Figure 2. Two more images.




Figure 3. Macro images.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Zoya - Darcy (2 coats)
  • Crows toes - Butter cup (1 coat)
  • Dance legend - snow mountain (highlights)
Drawing:
  •  Acrylic paint
  
Discussion: 

I concentrated on the Christmas aspect of this film and chose yellow moon background and snowy graveyard with Santa sled, Sally and Jack. And of course I could not skip Zero :) To be honest I practiced a lot before I was able to draw all of them, but result totally worth it. It's not traditional color scheme for Christmas mani, but I think it has freshness of frosty winter morning. What do you think of this mani, is too non-conventional for Christmas theme? 




No comments:

Post a Comment