Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter forest featuring Emily de Molly Dark depths

Introduction:

Yesterday it was orthodox Christmas and I just received BP plate number one. I had to try it and made this Winter forest nail art. I really like how glitter background gives it some depth, it's a gorgeous nail polish.

Results:



Figure 1. All five nails stamped with "Winter forest".



 Figure 2. Two more images at different light.


 Figure 3. Macro images of stamping.

Materials and Methods:

Nail polish: 
  • Emily de Molly - Dark depths (2 coats)
  • Mundo de Unas - White (stamping)
  • Color club - Concrete jungle (highlights)
Stamping plates:
  •  Born pretty - BP01
Discussion: 

I used three images from this plate and all of them stamped really well with round Konad stamper. Image with Christmas threes was two big for my nails, so I decided to use just a portion of it and quickly wiped unnecessary part from the stamper before stamping to the nail. Next time I wanna try layering Dark depths over black or really dark blue to have more intense color. Topper concrete jungle was applied with tiny brush and gave really nice sparkle to the white snow, however I have to work more on my precision.
  
References:


4 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely! I adore the base and the white stamping. MDU is truly a great polish for stamping, it is so opaque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it stamps very well, I'm so glad I bought MdU polishes. Can not wait for my second order.

      Delete