Wednesday, June 24, 2015

30 Days of Colour: L'Oreal Masked affair stamped with DRK metallic brown using BM plates 415 and 609 "Horologist"

Introduction

My silhouette entry for 30 days of Colour was done using famous L'Oreal holo polish masked affair as background. I was lucky to get it as a present from my polish friend Krise and I understand why it was so popular, this holo is stunning. Masked affair is a bit sheer polish, I applied 3 coats, but surprisingly it stamped an ok image on my middle finger. I also combine this entry with macro challenge and that's why you will see picture with several fingers, it should be 2-3, but I end up having 4 of them in one macro. And do you know who is horologist? I had no idea before I looked it up in the dictionary, so I'm not sure how widely this word is used.

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Horologist"



Figure 2. More images with bottle.




Figure 3. And without.



Figure 4. Individual nails.



Figure 5. Macro images of stamping.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • L'Oreal - masked affair (3 coats, stamping middle finger)
  • DRK - Metallic brown (stamping, 2 coats middle finger)
Stamping plates:
  • Mundo de unas - D8 (index finger)
  • Bundle monster - BM 609 (thumb, pinky, ring finger) and BM415 (middle finger)
References

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty I just love that metallic brown. It's in my cart right now. I just hope one day my
    lemmings and finances will stop colliding! Masked affair seems to be the only mainstream holographic polish that I know of. Hilo is so big in the indie scene I wonder what is taking them so long to get on board. I have so many basic creams I'm just no longer interested in them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you will love this brown, it stamps so well. And thanks for explaining about masked affair, I'm so into indie polish, that I had no idea it's the only mainstream holo. That explains popularity of this polish. And you are right it's very strange that they do not make holos, maybe it's just too expensive... at least it's good for indie makers :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and thanks for the word challenge. I just love learning new words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, I guess it's not used very frequently if you did not know it :)

      Delete
    2. I just saw that there are Color club holos too :)

      Delete