Thursday, December 10, 2015

Reindeer wrapping paper inspired nail art with foil stamping

Introduction

Good day darlings. Today I have nail design of which I'm really proud. In order to combine two challenges, I wanted to make something inspired by wrapping paper with reindeer. Among all beautiful gift wraps which I found online, one with  simple light brown background and foiled reindeer design really cough my attention. I decided to replicate it using foil stamping technique which last time turned out so great. Moreover this time I had special foil top coat from Picture polish called Revolution. It was recommended by one of my readers, the owner of Pins patterns and polish blog. Thank you, thank you so much  it works so perfectly for foils, does not smear them or interfere with holographic shine. However, since I was using White Konad for stamping and red foil it was way more difficult to get clear image. All the tiny bits where foil did not stick where showing right away. I had to repeat several times until it started to work well. So my recommendation is to use stamping polish similar in color to the foil. Unfortunately non of my red stamping polishes worked well for this technique. I also tried to cover entire nail with foil and this worked very well with Color club Berry and bright as a background. Finally, to finish this look I stamped Christmas tree and snowflakes on top of the foiled nails and covered everything with two coats of Revolution. This top coat helped to preserve foil for several days, needless to say it made me super happy.

Results


Figure 1. Nail art "Reindeer wrapping paper inspired"




 Figure 2. More images with bottle.



Figure 3. And without.


Figure 4. Macro images of individual nails.

Materials and Methods


Nail Polish:
  • OPI - My vampire is buff (2 coats)
  • Color club - Berry and bright (1 coat under foil)
  • Konad - White (stamping)
  • Moon nails supply - Selena (stamping)
  • Picture polish - Revolution (top coat)
Stamping plates and other materials:
  • Born pretty store - BP1
  • MoYou London - Happy birthday 02 (index finger)
  • Born pretty store - Holographic foil #18 (stamping) and #34 (full nail application)

References
You can buy these foils here.

14 comments:

  1. This is seriously so beautiful. This is jaw-dropping! I really am amazed on how these came out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica, i spent a lot of time making it.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas manicure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that top coat works wonders! I love the mani, it really feels like the red stamping is somewhat coming out/3D from the nude base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you, that's the effect of using foil. I guess it adds a bit more thickness and image becomes sort of 3D.

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is amazing!! I love how you used the foil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I have a few questions. I hope that this isn't a stupid question, but when I saw your last foil stamping tutorial I didn't see you apply foil glue on top, did you or is it not necessary? Secondly, do you apply a tc on top of the foiled nails before stamping? Lastly, where do you purchase revolution? I checked color4nails, but they don't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myishia. I'm going to answer any of your questions, non of them are stupid. 1) I do not apply any glue, because foil sticks to the stamping polish which did not dry completely, but apparently it does not work with all types of foil. 2) Yes, you guessed absolutely right, just to make sure, I applied top coat (Revolution) and after it dried I stamped image and applied second coat of Revolution. 3) I bought it on canadin site, they ship to us. here is link for you. http://www.nailpolishcanada.com/products/revolution-basecoat-for-easy-glitter-removal-by-picture-polish.html

      Delete
  6. Oh, and if you're still looking for the perfect shimmery red stamping polish try mpolish I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i really need to try this brand, it's just i already have so many stamping polishes....

      Delete