Friday, January 29, 2016

40 great nail art ideas: Films and glow in the dark "Dragon Haku" nail art

Introduction

Good day darlings. As soon as I saw "Films" prompt at 40 great nail art ideas, I knew that I'm going to make nail art inspired by one of my favorite anime movies "Spirited away" created by Hayao Miyazaki. One of the main characters in this Japanese fantasy is dragon named Haku, the spirit of the river. I adore him and luckily his image is included in the Miyazaki inspired stamping plate set from HeHe, which I bought as soon as it was released and use constantly. And I though it would be a nice opportunity to try my glow in the dark polish from Dance legend. Pink base polish is thermal and it was hard to decide which state I like more as a background. With pale pink it looked like fine delicate silk for vintage kimono, but images popped more on a bright pink background. I know one thing though, in the dark I could not stop looking at my nails. It was so fascinating to see different colors glow.

Results

Figure 1.  Glow in the dark "Dragon Haku".


Figure 2. More images. Top collage showing thermal transition and cold state. Bottom picture shows how dragon glows in the dark after UV light exposure. I was not sure if it would work, but they do glow with different colors.



Figure 3. Macro images of individual nails.

Materials and Methods

Nail Polish:
  • Dance legend - Termo 178 (3 coats)
  • Dance legend -Firefly collection (lead lighting)
Stamping plates and other materials:
  • HeHe - 071
References
You can buy glow in the dark polish from Firefly collection directly at Dance legend website.
Buy original HeHe plates from Miyazaki collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment